Deck2Deck.us: Fantasy Unlimited Hydroplane Racing

Displaying all 6 Forum post Respond New Thread Back to thread list

HydroDan's Three to Think About

Author Post
Handsome Transom Motorsports

1) Sure Bet: The hometown U-1 Oh Boy! Oberto / Miss Madison surely wants to win on its home waters. Look for Steve David and the Oberto to score big this weekend.

2) May Surprise: The U-21 Albert Lee comes into the season with two successful tests under its sponsons. This up-and-coming driver/ boat combo appear primed for a surprise podium finish in Madison.

3) Bad Play: The U-25 will have rookie driver Jon Zimmerman in the hot seat to open the season at one of the most challenging courses on the circuit. The rookie, although talented, will likely be starting to the rear, relegating the U-25 to also-ran status for the weekend.

Posted on: Jul 01 2010 02:22 PM UTC Edited on: Jul 01 2010 04:21 PM UTC
gentlegiant22

Definitely the U-96 is a sure bet to win this weekend because even though it’s no longer the E-Lam, it’s still the same fast boat with Villwock behind the wheel.

Posted on: Jul 02 2010 02:10 AM UTC
Handsome Transom Motorsports

True, but this is the first time in recent memory that the former E-Lam has not done a spring test session. It doesn’t mean Dave won’t dominate from the get-go, but usually they get the boat wet at least once before heading east. Same for the Oberto, right? No pre-season test sessions?

Posted on: Jul 02 2010 02:19 AM UTC Edited on: Jul 02 2010 02:20 AM UTC
HydroDan's Deck2Deck Racing Inc.

I can’t disagree with gentlegiant, the 96 will be right out front with the Oberto, should be a good race!

Posted on: Jul 02 2010 04:08 AM UTC

Only boats to test preseason where the 21, 25 and 17.

Posted on: Jul 02 2010 02:45 PM UTC

I must say I did pretty well with my predictions. The Oberto won, the 21 finished just off the podium in 4th, and the 25 was only able to amass 394 points for the weekend.

Hope my Detroit predictions go that well. I should have those later this evening or tomorrow.

Posted on: Jul 05 2010 09:42 PM UTC
Displaying all 6 Forum post Respond New Thread Back to thread list