Deck2Deck.us: Fantasy Unlimited Hydroplane Racing

Displaying all 2 Forum post Respond New Thread Back to thread list

Thanks Dan....

Author Post
Miss Chrysler Crew Fan - Sacramento; CA

As strictly a fan of Unlimited Hydroplane Races (and all classes of powerboat racing) I am very surprised that I came out at the champion in this year’s challenge as I am not or ever been associated or personally know any member of and team – other than saying “HI” at a race.. The first race that I remember seeing was the 1966 Sacramento Cup (won by Miss LaPeer) when I was 15 years old. I also attended the 1967 Sacramento Cup. I was told that I had attended a race at Lake Tahoe but don’t recall it. These races got my interest going in the sport so I started building RC boats. After a few years I built my first 1/8 Scale Hydro from Roger Newton’s Plans. It was the U-77 Miss Chrysler Crew (partly because it was different from other boats at the time). I then built Chuck Hickling’s U-17 Tempus (and small boats of Squire Shop and Miss Madison) but have been away from R/C for 30+ years. Have followed races and attended races in Las Vegas, Lake Havasu, San Diego, and last year again in Sacramento. Wish I was closer to teams so I could help out (if they would let me). Hope to make some races in the future (since I am now retired) and meet owners, drivers, and crew members. Still have many souvenirs I collected over the years. Looks like 2015 will be great with all the news I am hearing on the internet and social media. Let’s hope so… I’ve seen a lot of ups and downs in the sport but looks like the tide is rising again. (Thanks Dan for doing this over the past few years.)

Wayne Johnson, Sacramento CA

Posted on: Dec 05 2014 05:12 AM UTC
Handsome Transom Motorsports

Hi, Wayne. Thank you for playing the game this year (and in years past), and congratulations on your big win! I sat on top of the overall standings heading into San Diego but Bayfair wasn’t my race. We appreciate you, and everyone who puts in a pick and enjoys the competition with us.

The Deck2Deck crew was at Sacramento in 2013 and had a great time — we hope that your hometown race can figure out a way to return to the circuit and Folsom sees the hydros once again.

Congratulations again from the Deck2Deck team.

- Handsome Transom Motorsports

Posted on: Dec 11 2014 06:17 AM UTC
Displaying all 2 Forum post Respond New Thread Back to thread list